Thursday, May 1, 2008

I got my package stimulated!

Uh...I think that came out wrong.

Here in the U.S. something called the Stimulus Package was just released. I don't know too much about the reasoning behind it all. Basically, from May to July of this year, the US is giving out free money! Yay!

The government in all its wisdom is 'rebating' every tax-paying American about $600 US dollars ($1200 for married couples) plus $300 per child in order for us to go out and spend in this time of near-recession. In hopes of energizing the economy, and give the Americans a greater outlook on life...blah blah blah. There's a cap for the "rich" of course, (175K+) but I digress. Did you make under $3000 last year? You're shit-outta-luck there too pal. You get squat. The people who probably need it the most get shafted again.

While it's all well and good for people to be blinded by 'free' money, the real question is "Where the hell are we getting all this money from?" I'm no expert in Economics, but we're BILLIONS of dollars in debt from this stupid Iraq war, and overspent because of the Real Estate greedfest.

Besides, just because you're out of money, doesn't mean you can basically just "print more" bills. It's based on the value of gold and some shit right? "Hey, I'm low on this month's rent, I'll just go to Kinko's and color copy some quarters and nickels from the change drawer." Priceless. Literally.

Anyway, I got my check today and I think I'm gonna go purchase some crack with it, or maybe a handgun. Thanks Uncle Sam! (retarded...)

No comments: