Thursday, July 14, 2005

I was able to head down to San Diego Comic-Con today. And as a professional who pre-registered, it was Friggin' ridiculous to get my badge. I thought I was being smart by going in on a weekday, but the wait was 10 times as long as if I went on the Saturday. Can I get a Wha-Wha?! But other than that, it was less crowded than a Saturday, which was less stressful :)
But I managed to get what I wanted to get: A bunch of sketchbooks from some of my favorite artists. Awesome stuff. I even made some connections with a few artists which was pretty cool. Big-ups to you guys (and gals) you know who you are.
I tried submitting some stuff to the freebie tables up on the upper level, but I noticed they confiscated some of the decals. Does anyone know why? Please tell me.
Another thing I noticed was that some of the medium-sized artists (I'd rather not say who), even though this was their 3rd year or so putting their stuff out there, seemed a bit stand-offish. Like they expected people to just buy their stuff and get the hell out of their faces. I thought they were just bored but this was their first day!
But otherwise I had fun. I hope to see you all there next year when I finally get my crap together and open a booth of my own!

No comments: